Welcome to Visalia Unified School District!
To register your child for school, you may download the registration forms listed below and take them to your child’s school of attendance. Summer office hours are coming soon.
The following lists information regarding the documents necessary for student enrollment and eligibility requirements.
To register for kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year, your child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019. Transitional kindergarten enrollment is for children who will reach 5 years of age September 2 through December 2, 2019.
Required Student Information
- A birth certificate or other birth record, such as a baptismal certificate or passport, or parent/guardian affidavit
- Proof of residency, such as a gas or electric bill, rental agreement or escrow papers or recent property tax receipt
- Proof of current up-to-date immunizations. Required immunizations include the polio series, DTP (Diptheria-Tetanus-Pertussis) series, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B series, and a varicella vaccine. All in-coming 7th graders must have proof of an updated Tdap booster vaccine (received after age 7 years). All new enrollments must also have evidence of a tuberculosis (TB) test, PPD/Mantoux with results. Please contact your school nurse or Health Services if you have any questions.
- Kindergarten students only--completed oral health examination form
- 1st grade students only--completed physical examination form
You may download the following enrollment forms and take the completed paperwork and other required information to your school of residence. To determine in which school attendance boundary you reside, click here.
School Enrollment Form
School Enrollment Form (Spanish)
Emergency Card (Spanish)
Student Residence Questionnaire
Student Residence Questionnaire (Spanish)
Covered California Insurance Information (English/Spanish)
Oral Health Examination Form (Kindergarten Only)
Oral Health Examination Form (Spanish) (Kindergarten Only)
1st Grade Physical Form (1st Grade Only)
For more information on Inter-District and Intra-District requests, contact:
Mary Ann Thomas
Child Welfare and Attendance