Welcome to Oak Grove Athletics
We offer athletics for students in Grades 4-6 in the spring, and for Grades 7-8 throughout the school year. Printable versions of our schedules will be available throughout the year.
In order to participate in Grades 7-8 sports for the 2022-23 season, parents will need to do the following:
- Review the Parent Information letter for the appropriate season (see below)
- Complete the Oak Grove Athletics online data form, which includes insurance information and emergency contacts
For our students in grades 7-8, we participate in a league with 8 other schools. We follow a 4-season calendar:
1. Football, volleyball (mid-August to October): boys and girls can participate on either team
- Click here for the football/volleyball parent information letter 2022
- Click here for a copy of the 2022 football/volleyball schedule (updated 8/22/22)
2. Soccer (mid-October to December): separate teams for boys and girls
3. Basketball (mid-January to February): separate teams for boys and girls
4. Track (March - April): one team for all students
For our students in grades 4-6, we have a track team that competes with Visalia USD in the spring season, separate from the Grade 7-8 team.
VUSD policies on Rain, Heat Advisory, and Air Quality:
On days when rain, air quality, or heat may impact athletic events:
- At 1:30 pm, a heads-up to athletic directors regarding the potential for cancellation of events.
- At 2:30 pm, the decision will be announced regarding cancellation of athletic events starting at 4:30 pm or earlier. This announcement will be the final call for middle school athletic events.