Work Permit Process
El Diamante Student Services will be processing all work permits. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Reynolds.
THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA REQUIRES THAT ALL MINORS (A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18) HAVE A WORK PERMIT ON FILE AT THE WORKSITE BEFORE THE EMPLOYMENT IS LEGAL
Exceptions: Possession of a High School Diploma or Student is 18 years old
A minor not attending school is not eligible for a California Work Permit
- Step 1: Download or pick up the Work Permit Application from the Student Services Office. To be eligible- student must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher, good attendance, good citizenship, and a job offer (you must have a job offer before you can obtain a Work Permit).
- Step 2: The work permit application, B1-1 form must be completely filled out in blue or black ink and must have the student's social security number. The application requires the signature of the student, the employer and the parent/guardian.
- Step 3: Drop off the work permit application in the Student Services Office, email a very clear copy to email@example.com, or you may also fax it to 559-735-3574.
- Step 4: Once Ms. Reynolds receives the completed work permit, it will take about 1-3 school days to process.
- Step 5: The B1-4 is the document that the student needs to submit to his/her employer to be able to begin work.
If you have questions regarding work permits, please contact Ms. Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 735-3532. For more information on work permits, the General Summary of Minors' Work Regulations details the age and hours that a minor is legally allowed to work.
For more information about child labor laws, contact the U.S. Department of Labor at http://www.dol.gov/ and the State of California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSE/dlse.html