The PULSE EXPANDED LEARNING PROGRAM
The PULSE is an expanded learning program offered after school that is open to VUSD middle school students at Divisadero, Green Acres, and Valley Oak Middle Schools. PULSE offers a large variety of both academic and enrichment activities including homework assistance, hands on and engaging projects, organized sports league, performing arts, STEAM, youth leadership, and much more! There is no cost for The PULSE. All students are encouraged to attend the expanded learning program where there is something exciting for everyone!
The PULSE Expanded Learning Program has gone virtual! PULSE will be offering program to 7th and 8th grade students at Valley Oak, Divisadero, and Green Acres Middle Schools. Program hours will still be 3:30pm-6:00pm Monday- Friday. Students who join PULSE will have daily academic support opportunities as well as many exciting projects to join in. Projects and clubs include: STEM, Art, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Coding, Photography, Cooking, Dance, and much much more!
We are now offering the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to sign-up. Space is limited and programs will fill up fast! Please submit your application using the links below. Paper applications will be available during Grab and Go meal distributions at the middle school sites. Please return Paper Applications back to the middle school sites.
For more information regarding the PULSE Program please call Christi Mayberry at (559) 786-2730 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit the PULSE page located on your school sites homepage for weekly schedules and program updates.
(PLEASE NOTE: The PULSE Expanded Learning Program structure and services for the 2020-21 school year will be contingent upon VUSD's regular school-day structure and services. We will provide further updates on this as we near the start of the school year!)
A parent/guardian should register by clicking the school icon of the school the student attends:
Follow these steps to complete the application:
- To find your program, click on the link for your student’s middle school above, and scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Register button.
- Next click on the blue Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In blue buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner's First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address, and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- The PULSE Site Coordinator will contact you to let you know that your student has been accepted.
- Your student will be added to the PULSE Schoology Group and will be able to access links to tutorials and clubs.