Blue Bear Client Services Install for Technicians
Here are some instructions for installing the BlueBear fund accounting client software. Please ask your Tech to perform the install.
Note to Tech: If running Windows 7, the client software needs to be run in compatibility mode with Windows XP sp3. For more details, consult and click on the attached PDF here: BlueBearClient Installation Instructions.pdf.
1. Navigate to: http://download.bluebearsoft.com/
2. Download this file: bbclient605.exe
3. Run the setup file. Select the School Books and Tracks clients.
4. When asked for the server name, use: bis-tan-1. The default port and ODBC numbers should work.
6. Click on Next and Finish when prompted.
From the PDF: If this is a Windows 7 machine, SchoolBooks and Tracks must be set to run in compatibility mode
a. Right click the icon(s) on the desktop
b. Left click Properties
c. Go to the Compatibility tab
d. Check off box Run this program in compatibility mode for
e. Select Windows XP Service Pack 3
13. Launch program(s)