Chapter 2 American Indians
REGIONS - first, let's review the regions you will be learning about.PLAINS -- tribes including but not limited to: Comanche, Sioux, Ojibwa, Blackfoot, Pawnee Kiowas, Mandan, Nakota, PawneeSOUTHWEST DESERT -- tribes including but not limited to: Hopi, Navajo, Apache, Zuni, YumaPLATEAU/BASIN -- tribes including but not limited to: Ute, Nez Perce, Yakima, ShoshoneNORTHWEST COAST -- tribes including but not limited to: Chinooks, Haisla, Tillamook, Kwakiutl
- Where are they from?
- What resources did they use from their environment?
- Did they grow crops, if so what did they grow?
- Did they use animals to survive if so what animals?
- What kinds of things did they make from the animals?
- What did they believe in? (Gods)
- Did they trade with other tribes, if so what did they trade?
- What was the climate (weather) like in
- What role did the men, women and children play in the tribe?
- What types of homes did they make and live in?
- What were the homes made of?
- Who lived in the homes?
- Any other interesting information you found about the tribe.
Native American Outline
I. Introduction Name of the tribe
Region, tribes in that region, What the environment is like there: temperature, weather, natural resources, plants and animals
Location: Where & when did this tribe live? What was the climate?
Homes: Describe their homes.
Culture: What were their traditions, customs or religion?
Clothing: What did their clothing look like? What were their clothes made of? Did children wear the same clothes as adults?
Food: What did they eat? How did they prepare or preserve it? Did they hunt or farm?
Tools: What kind of tools did they use? What were the tools made of? Who made them?
Other Interesting Facts! Examples: important leaders or people in your tribe, inventions or discoveries made by this tribe, etc.
A. Time period in which the tribe came to an end or if the tribe still exists, where? Which reservation? How has their lifestyle changed in the past 400 years?
B. What caused the fall of the tribe? (wars, disease, white invasion, drought or unknown?)