District Classification Study
You may know we are conducting a classification study of classified positions for Visalia Unified School District. The study will result in recommendations to the Board for the appropriate classification for each position. There are eight major parts of the study:
- Meetings with key personnel to initiate the study.
- Meetings with employees to explain the purpose of the study and to distribute position information questionnaires.
- Interviews of a selected number of employees in each classification.
- Presentation of preliminary classifications and assignment of positions to classifications.
- Finalization of classification recommendations.
- Internal relationships.
- Salary survey.
- Presentation of final report.
We recognize that the form asks a great deal of information. Hopefully you can understand why this is needed. It usually takes two to three hours to complete the questionnaire. This time should be spent during regular working hours (when possible). While the questionnaire is self-explanatory, there are a few helpful hints we can share which may be useful.
- Please read all the questions carefully at least once and think about how you want to structure your answers. Most people take about two days to think about their answers. Then complete the form as best you can, using your best handwriting.
- Before submitting the form to your supervisor for review, we suggest that you set it aside for a day. Then, review it again carefully, sign it, and give it to your supervisor for review.
- If additional space is required, please use as many supplementary sheets as you need.