Dances - VUSD Dance Dress Code
Visalia Unified School District
High School Dance Dress Code
The dress code for the big four dances: Moonlight Harvest, Winter Formal, Sadie Hawkins, and PROM is a relaxed school dress code. With that in mind the following dress code will be enforced:
- Appropriate modest clothing must be worn for the entire event.
- For the guys: Shirts with collars must be worn. Sweaters, vests, or sport coats with slacks or any color denims are permitted. Dress shoes, tennis shoes, or boots only. No steel-toed boots or combat boots are worn. No hats may be worn in the dance.
- For the girls: Coordinated pantsuits, skirts and blouses, and party dresses are appropriate. Formal or semi-formal dresses are not required. Appropriate dress length must be considered. No bare midriffs or see-through dress will be allowed. Modest dress is expected for all attendees. Dress shoes, dress sandals, tennis shoes, or boots are allowed. No steel-toed boots, combat boots are to be worn. No hats may be worn in the dance.
If a Mt. Whitney student would like to take a student from another school, they must fill out a Guest Pass Form at least 3 days prior to the event and submit for approval. Guest Pass Forms are available in the Mt.Whitney Attendance and Counseling Offices. (There is a link to the Guest Pass Form below). You may fax the form to (559) 730-7679.
2019/20 VUSD High School Dances Scheduled
(All dances run 8 to 11 PM)
- Ice Breaker Dance - August 24, 2019 @ Mt Whitney West High School Gym.
- Moonlight Harvest Dance - October 5, 2019 @ Golden West High School Gym.
- Winter Formal - December 7, 2019 @ El Diamante High School Gym.
- Spring Fling - March 7, 2020 @ Mt Whitney High School Gym.
- Prom - May 9, 2020 @ Visalia Convention Center.