Mt. Whitney High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!
Monday, September 20, 2021
Monday (Staff Development Day) Bell Schedule
(09/20/21, 10/18/21, 12/06/21, 01/24/22, 03/14/22, 05/02/22)
Period 0 7:18 - 7:54 36 minutes
Collaboration 8:00 - 9:00 60 minutes
Period 1 9:06 - 9:42 36 minutes
Period 2 9:48 - 10:28 40 minutes
Period 3 10:34 - 11:10 36 minutes
Period 4 11:16 - 11:52 36 minutes
LUNCH 11:52 - 12:32 40 minutes
Period 5 12:38 - 1:14 36 minutes
Period 6 1:20 - 1:56 36 minutes
- 1. Landed a job and need a work permit? Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes
- 2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
- Interested in the Military? Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future? Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes. I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life. Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible. If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
- Students must provide a current school ID in order to leave campus for lunch. For those students who have not yet taken their photo, they may provide us with their ID number until retakes on September 20th. After September 20th, all students must provide a current school photo ID in order to leave campus at lunch.
- Make Up Picture Day will be held TODAY in front of the gym at the beginning of 1st period thru 4th period. Only students who did not attend Pioneer Day, Freshman Orientation and are new to MW will be allowed to take a picture and receive an ID. Retakes will not be allowed. We will pull you from class so please be in class. IF you have not been pulled from class by lunch time, please go to the front of the gym at that time.
- Confused on what you need to do to prepare for college? XL is hosting our “Mapping Out College” workshop. It is for ALL grade levels Freshmen to Seniors. We will go over what you need to be getting done each year in order to be on the right path to go to college. Join XL on September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11 – September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11
- STUDENT ATHLETES!... XL is hosting Morning tutoring sessions from 7am to 9am every Monday. Please attend to ensure you can keep dominating the competition all season long! XL is also starting a Baseball Program. Come to room S-11 to find out more
- ASB Sticker-Sale will resume this Thursday and Friday at lunch. ASB stickers are $30.00 and get you into home games for free. Student Admission to Gym or Stadium is $5.00, so if you go to 6 home games you get your money's worth. No Refunds on ASB Stickers.
- Freshman-if you purchased an ASB sticker at Orientation please see the ASB table or the Finance Office.
- Attention Mt. Whitney pioneers we will be hosting our annual homecoming nominations week of October 4th-8th. To get all students involved and excited for the week are happy to announce our dress up week called “Lights, Camera, Action” These are the following dress up days for the week 10/4-10/8:
Monday- Clueless(90’s fashion)
Tuesday- Austin powers(hippie day)
Wednesday-couples costumes(famous couples)
Thursday-Harry potter(class colors)
Friday-Friday night lights
- Attention CSF members and anyone interested in joining CSF: this week is CSF Rush. Come by I-9 during lunch to turn in your application and apply for the Spring 2020 semester. This is the only week you have to turn in application for apply for the Spring 2021 semester. If you need an application or have any questions, please see Mrs. Strambi in I-9
- PLS which is the poetry club will meet Tuesday in J-5 at lunch.
- Earth Aid Meeting in H-1 TOMORROW, 9/21/21 @ 12:45. Please bring your lunch. We will have a recycle game and review our club bylaws.
- GSA Club members, our meeting is being held on Tuesday this week. Please come to J6 during lunch for a short meeting. An email reminder has been sent out about this change.
NOT AT THIS TIME
College Visit Sign-ups
NONE AT THIS TIME
To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:
Veronica Reyes, MWHS
February 1, 2018
Volume 1, Issue 3
Meet the Committee:
Kai Bolden Kai teaches Civics and Link Crew. She has worked at Mt. Whitney for 5 years and has been part of the Committee since it was created in 2014. Her vision for PRIDE is to create a campus that is welcoming to all and is a place that people WANT to be. She believes kindness and enthusiasm are important to
Pioneer Pride Newsletter
Pioneer PRIDE: Positivity, Respect,Integrity,Determination, Engagement
Updates: Students who are nominated for Student of the Month get a letter sent home regardless of whether they win or not.
The Committee is working on creating new PRIDE signs for the entire campus.
There will be an updated PRIDE Handbook including a new Discipline Flow Chart for the 18-19 school year.
The Newsletter will soon be available on the new Mt. Whitney High School website!
The YARD SALE will be February 3rd. Please clean out your closet and donate items you would like to get rid of. Drop off at B-24 anytime!
Come show and tell your friend about the YARD SALE. We will be here from 7am-1pm. Profits will go towards buying Pioneer PRIDE shirts for Student of the Month.
D aMt. Whitney High School ta The Pioneer P.R.I.D.E committee was very pleased with our number of incidents in What’s New?
the first semester and how there was a decrease in most months.
We believe this is a direct reflection of our teachers communicating with our Counselors, Administration team, and support staff in being proactive with interventions. The P.R.I.D.E committee is very excited to see what the second semester has to offer and appreciates your continued support in helping to show
PIONEER P.R.I.D.E. 14-15 15-16 16-17 17-18
One simple way Kai shows Spotlight creating PRIDE on our campus.
There are students on this campus who show Pioneer PRIDE in and out of school. Last weekend four students from Mt. Whitney showed their PRIDE by volunteering their Saturday morning to pick oranges with a local organization called Harvesting Hope. The four students, Evyn Viveros, Elizabeth Perez, Kimberly Velasco (sophomores), and Alyssa Elick (Freshman) joined other students from Tulare County schools and picked oranges from trees donated by a local farmer. After the oranges have been picked they will go to local food banks to be distributed to people in need. This is the first time Mt. Whitney students have volunteered with Harvesting Hope and the students who participated look forward to doing it again and take more Mt. Whitney students with them. About their experience, Evyn said, “There were a lot of people there and it was a lot of fun to do something important while representing Mt. Whitney.” Although it was cold and hard work, the students said they want to volunteer with Harvesting Hope again because they learned how important it is to work as a team and how good it feels to be able to contribute to their community in a positive way. Great job Evyn, Elizabeth, Kimberly, and Alyssa. Way to represent Mt. Whitney! If you would like to learn more about Harvesting Hope, click the link. http://www.unitedwaytc.org/hope.html
Pioneer PRIDE is by meeting her students at her door every period and shaking their hands. It builds the foundation for an important and meaningful relationship with them that becomes part of every aspect of classroom life. Something Kai would like everyone to know about PRIDE and the Committee is that we know everyone at Mt. Whitney has the students’ best interest at heart and if we all work together and communicate, we can create a campus that is a place we all want to be. If you ever have questions, comments, or suggestions, please bring them to the committee. All are welcome. Go Pioneers!
Suggestions, comments? Contact Kai Bolden at firstname.lastname@example.org