Mt. Whitney High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!
June 4, 2019
Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule
Tusdasy, June 4, 2019
- 1. Students, please take a few minutes to recognize Pioneers showing PRIDE. You can choose to nominate staff members for Staff of the Month or other students as Everyday Pioneers. Use the Google Form provided. https://goo.gl/forms/2uDgMSgEMeTA8wMy1.
- 2. Students – friendly reminder to please continue to pick up trash after breakfast and lunch. Show your MW Pride by keeping our campus clean.
- 3. IF you took a COS or any other college course class THIS semester, please see or email your counselor as soon as possible.
- If you are a current freshmen and are interested in joining the CADET CORE classes next year, please see your counselor. CADET CORE is a leadership class geared toward students who might be considering joining the military.
- Pioneer Partners and Mrs. Allan's PIVOT/Peer Tutors please come join us during lunch today June 4th during lunch in room G-4 to celebrate your graduation. We will have a cake and drinks for you!!! Hope to see you there!
- You will need to have all textbooks, equipment, and materials turned into the Library before you can get a clearance form. All fines must be cleared through the Finance or Library before you can obtain a form from Mrs. Wheaton. We will start giving out “CLEARANCE FORMS” on Monday, June 3rd. This form will be your TICKET into the bowl for Graduation practice. If you show up without one they will send you back to get one from the Library that morning. There will be no exceptions!!!! If you have any questions please feel free to talk with Mrs. Wheaton. Congrats to you all!!!!!!
- Seniors- Just to clarify the Senior Finals Bell Schedule as there has been some confusion- On Monday, June 3rd and Tuesday, June 4th, you will attend your classes as a regular day, but will take your finals according to our Senior Final Bell Schedule so please note, you will be marked absence on all other classes if you do not attend your full day schedule. On Wednesday, June 5th, we begin our Finals Bell Schedule where you will ONLY attend 0, 1st, and 2nd periods. Again, ONLY Wednesday, June 5th, you will only attend 0, 1, 2 periods. I know this may be confusing but you do not want your senior attendance to be affected by your absences on June 3rd and June 4th. If you are still confused, please see Mrs. Reyes in the front office.
College Visit Sign-ups
Not at this time
Not at this time
To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:
Veronica Reyes, MWHS
February 1, 2018
Volume 1, Issue 3
Meet the Committee:
Kai Bolden Kai teaches Civics and Link Crew. She has worked at Mt. Whitney for 5 years and has been part of the Committee since it was created in 2014. Her vision for PRIDE is to create a campus that is welcoming to all and is a place that people WANT to be. She believes kindness and enthusiasm are important to
Pioneer Pride Newsletter
Pioneer PRIDE: Positivity, Respect,Integrity,Determination, Engagement
Updates: Students who are nominated for Student of the Month get a letter sent home regardless of whether they win or not.
The Committee is working on creating new PRIDE signs for the entire campus.
There will be an updated PRIDE Handbook including a new Discipline Flow Chart for the 18-19 school year.
The Newsletter will soon be available on the new Mt. Whitney High School website!
The YARD SALE will be February 3rd. Please clean out your closet and donate items you would like to get rid of. Drop off at B-24 anytime!
Come show and tell your friend about the YARD SALE. We will be here from 7am-1pm. Profits will go towards buying Pioneer PRIDE shirts for Student of the Month.
D aMt. Whitney High School ta The Pioneer P.R.I.D.E committee was very pleased with our number of incidents in What’s New?
the first semester and how there was a decrease in most months.
We believe this is a direct reflection of our teachers communicating with our Counselors, Administration team, and support staff in being proactive with interventions. The P.R.I.D.E committee is very excited to see what the second semester has to offer and appreciates your continued support in helping to show
PIONEER P.R.I.D.E. 14-15 15-16 16-17 17-18
One simple way Kai shows Spotlight creating PRIDE on our campus.
There are students on this campus who show Pioneer PRIDE in and out of school. Last weekend four students from Mt. Whitney showed their PRIDE by volunteering their Saturday morning to pick oranges with a local organization called Harvesting Hope. The four students, Evyn Viveros, Elizabeth Perez, Kimberly Velasco (sophomores), and Alyssa Elick (Freshman) joined other students from Tulare County schools and picked oranges from trees donated by a local farmer. After the oranges have been picked they will go to local food banks to be distributed to people in need. This is the first time Mt. Whitney students have volunteered with Harvesting Hope and the students who participated look forward to doing it again and take more Mt. Whitney students with them. About their experience, Evyn said, “There were a lot of people there and it was a lot of fun to do something important while representing Mt. Whitney.” Although it was cold and hard work, the students said they want to volunteer with Harvesting Hope again because they learned how important it is to work as a team and how good it feels to be able to contribute to their community in a positive way. Great job Evyn, Elizabeth, Kimberly, and Alyssa. Way to represent Mt. Whitney! If you would like to learn more about Harvesting Hope, click the link. http://www.unitedwaytc.org/hope.html
Pioneer PRIDE is by meeting her students at her door every period and shaking their hands. It builds the foundation for an important and meaningful relationship with them that becomes part of every aspect of classroom life. Something Kai would like everyone to know about PRIDE and the Committee is that we know everyone at Mt. Whitney has the students’ best interest at heart and if we all work together and communicate, we can create a campus that is a place we all want to be. If you ever have questions, comments, or suggestions, please bring them to the committee. All are welcome. Go Pioneers!
Suggestions, comments? Contact Kai Bolden at firstname.lastname@example.org