Mt. Whitney High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers
Thursday December 8th, 2022
Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule
Period 0 7:27 - 8:24 57 minutes
Period 1 8:30 - 9:27 57 minutes
Period 2 9:33 - 10:36 63 minutes
Period 3 10:42 - 11:39 57 minutes
Period 4 11:45 - 12:42 57 minutes
LUNCH 12:42 - 1:22 40 minutes
Period 5 1:28 - 2:25 57 minutes
Period 6 2:31 - 3:28 57 minutes
December Dress Up Days- Dress Code Required
Today Santa’s Workshop (Teachers dress as Santa / students dress as Reindeer or Elves)
Tomorrow- Pajama Day
1. Landed a job and need a work permit? Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Villalobos
2. If you want a place to stay warm during the early morning hours, the library is open Monday thru Friday at 7:15am. Also, tutoring is available in the morning too.
3. Have you purchased your ASB sticker yet? You'll get into home games for free and discounts on dances! They are on sale before school, at lunch, and after school in the finance office. Get yours today!
4. Need some help with homework? Tutoring is available for FREE after-school in the library Monday thru Thursday.
5. Starting next semester, a Boxing class will be coming to Mt. Whitney High School. Stop by S11 and talk to Scott for more details.
6. On December 14th, 15th, and 16th join XL in room S11 for their Movie and Ornament Decorating Christmas Special.
The movies are:
Dec. 14th - Spirited with Ryan Reynolds
Dec 15th - Guardians of the Galaxies: Holiday Special
Dec 16th – Elf
7. Hello Pioneers! All are welcome to join XL’s Folklorico Dance class after school in the dance room on Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30. Ms. Rodriguez is teaching the class (Mrs. A’s student teacher) and she is awesome! No previous dance experience required. Come on Tuesday to check it out!
8. Drama Club is holding special elections. Please come by the Drama room and scan the QR code you are interested in running for an office
9. It's time for Cocoa and Cram! Freshmen: come to K-7 during lunch Monday and Tuesday December 12 and 13 for help preparing for your finals. Link Leaders will be available to answer your questions on all Freshman class subjects.
*ASB selling MW Croc charms for $4 during lunch!
*Chess Club meets every day, during lunch, in room S11. Also, the club meets Monday and Wednesday in the library after-school. If you play chess or want to learn, you are invited to join us.
* Juniors and Seniors, we are still in need of 4 male Scicon counselors. If you have good grades and would like to join Mtn.View 1/9/22-1/13/22 or 1/23/23-1/27/22 please see Mrs. Villalobos in the main office for a application!
Seniors! There will be a senior class meeting on Thursday, December 8th, at Lunch in K-7. Please come to discuss class officers and GradNite Fundraising.
Senior Scholarships (find details on Schoology Class of 2023 Group)
For any scholarship-related questions, please reach out to Mr. Viveros
Additional scholarships can be found at FastWeb.com
- 12/8 - MWHS Local Scholarship Application Workshop
- 12/13 - Financial Aid Workshop for FAFSA/CADAA (during school hours)
- 12/16 – Mt. Whitney Local Scholarship Application
- Due 12/31 - The Cirkled In “No Sweat” Scholarship
- Due 1/19 Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program (De
- If you need to meet with your counselor, please submit a request at vusd.org/domain/935 or stop by during walk-in hours at lunch.
- · The choir program would like to invite you to their Winter Concert at L.J. Williams Theater Tonight at 8pm. General admission is $8 and $5 for students.
- Mt. Whitney Bands Proudly Present their 2022 Winter Concert Directed by Kelsey Bettencourt. Wednesday December 14th, 7:00pm @ LJ Williams Theater. Tickets are $8 and $5 for students.
To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:
Stephanie Villalobos, MWHS