What is The PULSE?
The PULSE is an after-school program that is open to all students and offers a variety of academic and educational activities including homework assistance, academic-based projects, and a variety of recreation activities including sports, arts, computers, dance, leadership, and much more. There is no charge for students to attend The PULSE and all students are eligible to participate.
How does The PULSE Program work?
ACADEMICS - The PULSE provides academic support to students through homework assistance and tutorial on campus and in a classroom. Additionally, throughout the year students may be assigned to the Academic Enrichment Center if they do not complete their homework from the previous day. Lastly, students may also be assigned an intervention class to receive support in classes they are most in need of. These classes are staffed by certificated teachers.
ENRICHMENT - The PULSE offers a variety of enrichment activities geared to support the development of academic, physical, and social-emotional skills for students. These activities and events may include but are not limited to; sports and physical fitness, health and nutrition, leadership classes, computers, fine, visual, and performing arts, service-learning and so much more! Students attend these classes on campus and are facilitated and supervised by enrichment staff.
Daily Program Schedule
3:15pm - 4:30pm = Academic Programs/Snack
4:30pm - 6:15pm = Enrichment classes
6:00pm = Parent Pick-up/Bus
* The PULSE operates Monday - Friday and every day that school is in session - even minimum days!
* Students must attend a minimum of 3 full days a week to maintain enrollment.
* Excused absences and early dismissals are accepted!!
* Students may leave early for other commitments with parent permission.
* Program Registration Deadline is June 8th!
2. Return a signed application to your student's elementary school front office. You can pick up an application in your elementary school's front office or you can print one here.
Note: The applications work best when viewed/filled out on Google Chrome, but other browsers are supported.
For More Information:
Please feel free to contact the Green Acres Site Coordinator Sarah Plunk at (559) 799-557, the PULSE After School Program Activities Coordinator Christi Mayberry at (559) 786-2730 or the PULSE After School Program Manager Frank Escobar at (559) 730-7570.