Students and Parents,
We are excited to share that our district is implementing a Mathematics and Reading program called i-Ready. Below, you will find information about the program and how we will be using it in the classroom.
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program that will help your child's teacher determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your child's teacher(s) to meet your child where they are and provides us with data to inform instruction. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Instruction.
Tips to Support Your Child's Learning:
- Speak with your child about how using i-Ready will help them prepare for class work.
- Encourage your child to take each lesson and quiz question seriously.
- Encourage your child to use the tools that appear at the bottom of the screen in some lessons.
- Help your child identify and become familiar with the different parts of the student dashboard.
- Track and celebrate your child’s progress. (Your child should aim for 45 minutes of i-Ready Instruction per subject per week and maintain a range of 30–49 minutes of Online Instruction while passing at least 70 percent of lessons.