Health and Safety Guidance
The District has been clarifying what to expect for the coming school year. While conditions and guidance can always change, here’s an overview of some of the key points:
Health and Safety
- Masking is required for all staff and students when indoors regardless of vaccination. Masks are not required for staff or students when outdoors. However, staff or students may wear masks outdoors, if preferred. Individual accommodations for masking may be requested. No physical distancing is required indoors or outdoors, except when eating. Staff and students should practice healthy hand hygiene (hand-washing and sanitizing).
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be provided and student restrooms will be fogged two times per day. Playground structures are open to students, and wil be fogged between the morning and lunch recesses. Classrooms will be fogged once a day after school.
- Students seating will be modified during meals. Students will be physically distanced and staggered so they are not directly across from each other. Hot meals will be served in the cafeteria, and student helpers will be allowed at lunch time. Distancing is not required if eating outside.
Extra and Co-curricular
- At this time, no in-person events are allowed. However, student events are allowed outside school hours. The maxmum size for a student event is 50 students. While school-wide assemblies are not allowable at this time, field trips are permitted.
- Currently, only meetings with staff may be held in-person on site. No in-person events with families, outside agencies, or community members may be held. Therefore, all parent meetings wil be held via Zoom until this requirement is lifted.
We’ll continue to share updates and extended health and safety guidance as it comes out.