About Our School
Willow Glen Elementary School
310 N. Akers Street
Visalia, CA 93291
Principal Blanca Martinez-Ramirez
Willow Glen Elementary School serves approximately 650 students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade. Our teachers and staff are dedicated to ensuring the academic success of every student and providing a safe and productive learning experience. The school holds high expectations for the academic and social development of all students. Curriculum planning, staff development, and assessment activities are focused on assisting students in mastering the state common core standards, as well as increasing the overall student achievement of all subgroups.
Blanca Martinez-Ramirez is the new principal at Willow Glen School and leads the professional learning community through new experiences with the Common Core Standards, a new K-8 model and lots of creative planning!
Willow Glen’s Mission is to improve achievement by preparing all students for limitless success in a global society by fostering rigorous academic literacy in a positive learning environment.
Willow Glen School supports the Whole Child Tenets:
- Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
- Each student learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
- Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and broader community.
- Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults.
- Each student is challenged academically and prepared for success in college or further study and for employment and participation in a global environment.
Opportunities for Parental Involvement
Parent involvement and communication are essential to our school success. Willow Glen Elementary School continually strives to involve parents by sharing information that helps parents understand and support school programs and by providing opportunities for parent participation in school activities.
There are numerous and varied opportunities for parent involvement, including but not limited to, attending school functions, participating in parent-teacher conferences, volunteering in classrooms, and chaperoning field trips. Parents may also serve on advisory committees and leadership teams, including, but not limited to, the English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC), School Safety Committee, and School Site Council (SSC) and PTA. Additional opportunities for parental involvement also exist at the district level.
Parents who would like more information on how to become involved may contact Principal Blanca Martinez-Ramirez at (559) 730-7798.