About Valley Oak
Welcome to Valley Oak!
We at Valley Oak hope your time spent here will be both emotionally and educationally rewarding. Please use this as a guide to help you in the school procedures. If you have any special needs or questions, contact our Main Office, Teacher, Assistant Principals, or Principal Garza.
A Message from Principal Garza
Hello Valley Oak Students and Parents, July 1, 2021
I want to start off by saying, welcome to a new school year! I am honored and exited for my third year as the Principal of Valley Oak Middle School. I want you to know that I am fully committed to the school and hope to serve the community at the fullest of my capacity. It is my goal to continue the legacy of success we have started through collaboration, hard work and a strong community partnership. We are Broncos and We RISE UP!
Parents, I will be sharing information with you as I receive it. As you know, information is changing rapidly. Flexibility, communication and collaboration will be key in making this a meaningful school year for our students as we navigate past the COVID pandemic. Parents, make sure we have your email on file, as you will receive my Principal Newsetter weekly this way.
Start of the School Year
- The first day of the new school year is Thursday, August 12, 2021. We are currently working on a new bell schedule. As soon as we get clearance you will see if first here on our website!
- Our 7th grade Orientation Days are on August 5th and 6th where you can turn in your necessary paperwork to receive your schedule. Students are only required to be here on one of the days. More information with times will be mailed home at the end of July.
- Our 8th Grade Bronco Day is August 10, 2021 where students can turn in their necessary paperwork to receive your schedule. The process will only take a few minutes so we ask that parents wait in their vehicles for your Bronco student.
- VO Picture Day is Tuesday August 17, 2021.
- Back to School Night is on Thursday August 26, 2021 from 5:30pm - 7:00pm.
- Save the dates. More information along with times will be mailed home at the end of July.
Communication/Contact Information - Communication with the school office and your child’s teacher will be more important than ever to ensure that your child has access to instruction and assistance is provided in a timely manner. Please make sure the following is completed:
- We need all parents/guardians to provide an email account. Contact the office staff if assistance is needed setting up an email account.
- Update, on the emergency card, your phone numbers and address to continue to receive updates, Blackboard Teleparent messages, and Principal Garza's weekly Newsletter in a timely manner.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal is a resource all parents need to sign up for to access student attendance, grades, teacher information and much more. If you do not yet have a Parent Portal account, you can go to this link and follow the instructions to create an account. Please make sure you have set up your account before school starts so you know what classes your child is in. For assistance, call our office at (559) 730-7681.
- Schoology is the district’s enhanced learning platform. It offers enhanced features for students to come together for instruction in conjunction with the in-person sessions, access lesson videos, and independent class activities/assignments. Teachers have been working hard during the last year in preparing class assignments and lessons using this format. It is our goal to increase student engagement and daily participation so students can experience SUCCESS as they RISE UP!
- Parents will also have access to Schoology. Use the instructions here for creating your parent Schoology account to monitor and assist your student.
- Internet access is needed in your home for students to access their assignments using Schoology. You can request a Hot Spot for your home through the VUSD Technology Department. You can visit the VUSD Technology site for more information. You will need your student’s basic information to place a request.
Visit the VUSD website at this link for the latest information from our district office.
Please know that my door is open and I am here to support you in any way possible. I can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer!
David Garza Jr Principal of Valley Oak Middle School
Colors: Black & Yellow Gold Mascot: Bronco Motto: Pride in Excellence!