Visalia Learning Center
Visalia Learning Center
8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed for Lunch Break 12pm-1pm
630 S. Atwood Dr | Visalia 93277
- District Library - A large collection of classroom support materials with over 60,000 books, DVD's, literature kits, reading group kits and magazines. Search our collection online (click here).
- Work Center -The VLC maintains 3 laminating machines, one 40" wide. New Variquest digital die-cut system with over over 3,800 shapes, 14 fonts (click here). 600 die cuts to produce classroom bulletin boards and student projects. New Perfecta Poster Maker design system is also available($). Make Posters up to 36"wide (see librarian for assistance).
- Children's Reading Room - The VLC promotes literacy and lifelong reading through a variety of sponsored events for the whole family. The photo below shows our enticing children's reading room.
- New Weekly Story Time will be held at 10:30am Thursdays.
- District-wide Library Automation Support - The VLC staff support school sites with their library automation system.
- Meeting Rooms - Two conference rooms are available for District staff and the public. Contact District Services for details (735-8154).
- Four Creeks Cafe - Four Creeks Cafe maintains hours from 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM. It offers a full line of coffee & tea beverages as well as breakfast and lunch meals.
- OverDrive E-Books - http://vusd.org/overdrive
MISSION & VISION
Future Ready Libraries for Future Ready Learners
The Visalia Unified School District Library Media Program seeks to transform our current school libraries into 21st century learning commons with vibrant and impactful library services and programs for all students by providing access to meaningful digital and physical information/collections, cultivating digital and information literacy skills through integration in the curriculum, and promoting lifelong reading and learning. The learning commons strive to be a center of collaboration, creation, communication, and inquiry based learning that fosters a sense of significance and belonging for students and contributes to a positive school culture overall.
The Mission of the Visalia Unified School District Library Program is to provide integrated library services and programs that produce global, digital citizens with the information literacy skills and strategies that promote a lifelong pursuit of knowledge, a love of reading, and the desire and ability to turn knowledge into action for the greater good.
We check items out to all residents of Visalia, Ivanhoe, or Goshen, and to anyone who works in a public or private Visalia school.
Books - 4 weeks
Video/DVD - 2 week
Posters & other materials - 4 weeks
- Renew- Maximum of 2 times (total checkout no longer than 12 weeks)
Visalia Teachers - 100 items, 15 per subject, 3 video/DVD
General Public - 40 items, 15 per subject, 2 video/DVD
VLC LIBRARY SERVICES PRICE LIST (laminating, paper, comb bindings, buttons, etc.)
VLC Children's Reading Room