Award Amount: $500 or $1,000
TO QUALIFY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP YOU MUST PLAN ON ATTENDING CAL POLY, SAN LUIS OPISPO & PLAN ON MAJORING IN VITICULTURE OR ENOLOGY
Robert “Bob” Miller was an effective leader in the California wine community and a significant contributor to establishing the Central Coast as a premier winegrowing region of California. His family has created this scholarship to honor his memory, his passion for innovation and his commitment to producing high quality grapes and wine.
Bob’s enthusiasm for building a world-class wine region will be perpetuated by investing in the future of young people from the Central Coast who want to make their career in the Central Coast grape and wine industry. Each year either a $500 (for Alan Hancock Community College) or a $1,000 (for Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo) scholarship will be awarded.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must:
- Be a Central Coast high school senior or a student enrolled at Alan Hancock Community College or Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo;
- Plan to major or are majoring in viticulture or enology at either Alan Hancock Community College or Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo;
- Complete the application form;
- Attach official high school transcript and/or most current class enrollment and transcript forms:
- Attach a copy of your SAT or ACT results if you are applying for Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo;
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an instructor, the school principal or counselor (high school applicants) or college instructor, counselor or administrator (current Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo applicants). The letter should be signed and provide the address, telephone number and position held in the school.
- Submit a 500 word essay
For more information and to apply please click below: